Monday, September 18, 2006

Silver Lake

Photos from Silver Lake, over Labor Day weekend.

This is Silver Lake:Oh my gosh, have you ever seen such a spider in Michigan? Any idea what it is? Please tell me.
Cabin at Silver Lake Jellystone Park:This is a view from the Mac Dunes, Dune Ride:

Sand, Sand, Everywhere
Silver Lake with the dunes behind:

Sand blasted tree stump, as seen on the dune ride:
Woods in the center of the dunes. Home to foxes, deer and many other woodland creatures. Seen also on the dune buggy ride:
The trees sticking out of the sand are actually the tops of 30-40 foot tall Cottonwoods:
Lake Michigan view from dune buggy ride:
Little Sable Point Lighthouse:
More sandblasted tree trunks:
Sunset on Lake Michigan:
More views from the dune buggy:

These guys were flying all over the town:

Moon (sorry it's blurry)
Little Sable Point Light House:
Barge on Lake Michigan:



Field along horseback riding trail at Rainbow Ranch Horseback Ranch
More fields while horse back riding

6 comments:

Reeholio said...

Great photos. My favorite is the spider. He's huge!

cynamil said...

It's the largest spider I've ever seen in Michigan. It was right on the cabin we were sleeping in. Yuck!

Anonymous said...

scary spider!! lovely sunset! spectacular jumping! nice pictures

lufra said...

i want to put some images on my blog, on the right side, but i'm not able...can u help me please?
(sorry for my english!!!)
:)

Tigermask said...

Hey cynamil, thanks for visiting my blog and posting a comment. Great photos! But that spider kinda freaked me out! Nothing that big over here in japan thank crikey. Anyway take it easy and keep posting.

bala said...

nice photographs!!